Wrap Up: September 2017
The last few days of September are going to be a bit mad so refecting now seemed like the thing to do. Thinking about it, this whole month has been mad. I’ve been mentally and geographically all over the place. Hopefully things will settle down in October.
Standout moments include: (In order of when they happened)
- Getting my hair cut for the first time in two years. (I’ve been too much of a cheapskate until now.)
- Being under 70kg for the first time in two years. (Shout out to my Fitbit.)
- Getting a distinction in my Master’s degree. (That’s right!)
- Meeting Scott Myers at London Screenwriter’s Festival. (He’s super inspiring!)
- Staying in Glandyfi castle in Wales. (New life goal: Own a castle…)
- Orchestrating the cleaning of my Cornwall carpets whilst not being anywhere near Cornwall. (Minor victories are very important!)
Really pissy moments include:
- Getting a parking ticket outside our new house.
- Being trapped inside the new house waiting for Amazon orders. (How hard is it to give a reasonable time slot!?)
- Getting fined by estate agents because we ‘forgot’ to tell them we were moving out. Then all the subsequent arguments about all my emails conveniently going to their junk mail folder. (I hate estate agents.)
- Cleaning all of the toilets in all of the world. (I hate moving house.)
- Leaky walls… Broken doors… (Stupid rental.)
- Having to stay in London. (LSF was great but why does it have to be London tho?)
And here’s my book list: (That I can remember right now)
Dark Lord: The Teenage Years by Jamie Thomson
Princess and Mr Wiffles by Patrick Rothfuss
In the Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (Finally finished it!!)
I Hate Fairyland: Vol 2 by Skottie Young
The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin
Critical Role: Vox Machina Origins Issue #1 by Matt Mercer, Matt Colville, Olivia Samson (Dark Horse)
The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
I made some little Hen Party favours out of polymer clay. I’m pretty proud of them. Thinking of trying to incorporate polymer clay into my life somehow. Wondering if anyone would be interested in buying little trinkets like this?
That’s all for now!
Thanks for reading.