Day 9: Downsize your beauty collection
** Important note!** I don’t think makeup is bad or that people who wear makeup are bad, it’s just not for me. I don’t know how to put it on without looking like a clown which makes me feel more self-conscious and I think that is the opposite of what makeup is supposed to do for people. I do wear it in emergencies, like when I’m really ill but have to leave the house for some reason I put it on as a mask, that kind of thing…
With that out of the way it will be no surprise to learn that my beauty collection consists of dusty, unused cotton pads, grim-looking powders from yesteryear and just a lot of nearly empty deodorants. I do have some makeup but when I buy it I tend to immediately regret it and usually give it to my mum or throw it away.
Here’s a list of my full beauty collection:
- Bourjois CC cream*, powder and mascara. (It was by 2 get 1 free).
- And 2 brushes; one for the cream and one for the powder.
- I have 2 lipsticks… One red, one pink. Reserved for costumes.*
- One Barry M two-ended eye liner in black/white.
- Black, grey, blue and red nail polish all Barry M.
- Perfect Whip! Face wash from Japan.
- Hydrating Face Cream by Bobbi Brown.
- Garnier Micellar Cleaning Water.*
- Tea Tree Essential Oil.
- Phil Smith Shampoo.
- Original Source Body Wash.
- Roll-on Deodorant.
- I found my electric toothbrush in this downsizing so I shall be switching to that!
Ummm the other stuff?
- Blackhead strips. That’s my Friday night sorted.
- Hairbrush and comb.
- First Aid stuff including A LOT antihistamines.
- Cute duck-shaped face cloth.
*You may have notice a few of the items are starred. These are the items on probation. If I don’t use them before the end of this challenge month then they’re getting chucked.
Most of this stuff can fit into one makeup bag. Why I had 5, I have no idea.
What did I learn about today? I had a lot of random crap lying around.
I really don’t like touching dusty makeup stuff. I’ve washed my hands a lot before touching my keyboard and I can still feel a greasy layer, it just gives me the creeps.
Okay! That’s all I’ve got for the day!
Thanks for reading!